Sorry for the descriptive title.... another one that's not my recipe but will be served at family gatherings forever.
Cut off stems and split jalapeno peppers in half lenthwise and remove seeds. (Wear gloves!)
Spread in some cream cheese in each half of the jalapenos
Add a "lil smokie" in each one. ( a small pre-cooked sausage)
Wrap in bacon and use a toothpick to secure the bacon
Put under broiler or grill until the bacon cooks and the jalapeno is heated through.
Dave's tip: - I use turkey bacon because it holds it's shape better. I also cook the bacon in the pan about halfway before assembling the turds. So that when I put it on the grill, I only have to turn it once or twice for a total of 2-3 minutes and it's cooked all the way through.
You can thank me later.
No comments:
Post a Comment